What is Metronidazole ?
Metronidazole is an antibiotic prescribed to treat various bacterial infections such as trichomonas vaginalis and bacterial vaginalis. It is also known to treat bacterial infections in the stomach tracts and joints also. This antibiotic prevents the bacteria from multiplying which in turn helps reduce the harmful symptoms associated with it. Known as a fast acting treatment, it can treat a number of bacterial infections within days of its usage. It is also safe for those allergic to penicillin.
To buy Metronidazole, select the treatment and dosage, then complete our short and confidential online consultation form with no additional cost. If your consultation is approved by our doctor, our discreet delivery service will deliver your treatment the same or next day.
Metronidazole has been proven to help cure trichomonas vaginalis (TV) and bacterial vaginosis (BV), two bacterial infections which commonly affect women. Other benefits show:
- Helps to remove the infection from the body
- Resides in the system for a longer duration to help improve the body’s natural defences
- Results expected between 3-5 days
Who can use it?
Metronidazole anti-bacterial STI treatment is for use by:
- Women and men over the age 18, suffering from a sexually transmitted bacterial infection
Who cannot use it?
Metronidazole should not be used by:
- Those with kidney or liver disease, a heart disorder, or myasthenia gravis may not be suitable for this medication
- Those with cell disorders like leucopoenia and anaemia
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
Metronidazole requires different dosages depending on the condition you have. This antibiotic can be:
- Taken in a low dose of one 400mg tablets which is taken three times daily over the course of a week.
- Taken in a single one off dose of 400mg x 5 tablets.
If you’re sensitive to antibiotics, then it’s advised that you opt for the low dose over a longer period of time. Like all antibiotics, you should not drink alcohol while taking Metronidazole.
Ensure that you use this treatment for the length of time recommended. Even if your symptoms are improving, it is important to continue usage till the infection is completely cleared. If doses are skipped then you risk a reoccurrence or further infection. Some believe that the treatment is effective to cure the common cold or flu but this is untrue and is not medically recommended for use for that purpose. It should also not be taken with alcohol.
Antibiotics like Metronidazole rarely have side effects, but you may experience certain symptoms. These may include:
- Vomiting, nausea, diarrhoea, constipation, dizziness, tiredness, headaches, abdominal pain, vaginal itching, discharge, moderate itching or skin irritation.
These symptoms should clear up after a while, if they persist please contact your doctor for further advise.
Ensure you get immediate emergency help if you suffer a severe allergic reaction or any of these serious side effects occur:
- Numbness and tingling of hands and fee
- Sight problems and trouble concentrating
- Watery or bloody diarrhoea
- Severe skin reaction
It is not advised to drink alcohol whilst you are taking metronidazole and for at least 3 days after you stop taking it. As these may cause additional side effects such as fast heartbeats, warmth or redness under your skin.
Can I buy Metronidazole online without prescription?
Yes, you can buy treatment here at Meds4all even if you do not have a prescription prior to ordering. You will be asked to complete a short online consultation, which will be checked by our registered doctor. This makes sure the treatment you select is appropriate for you. If your consultation is approved the doctor will provide the pharmacy a prescription, and our free and fast shipping service will deliver your treatment within 24 hours