Treats severe acne.
Metrogel, Brevoxyl-8, Brevoxyl-4, Finacea, Triaz, Triaz Cleanser, Plexion, Noritate, Azelex, Metrolotion, ZoDerm, Rosula NS, Rosula Aqueous Gel, Rosula, Oscion Cleanser
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to any ingredients.
How to Use This Medicine:
Lotion, Liquid, Cream, Gel/Jelly, Soap, Pad
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- Apply a thin layer of this medicine to your skin and rub it in gently.
- If you are using the lotion form of this medicine, shake it well just before each use.
- If you are using the pledget form, leave the pledget applicator in its foil pouch until you are ready to use the medicine. Use each pledget only one time and throw it away after use.
- This medicine is for use on the skin only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth. Do not use it on skin areas that have cuts or scrapes. If it does get on these areas, rinse it off right away.
If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of the used medicine container and any leftover medicine after you have finished your treatment. You will also need to throw away old medicine after the expiration date has passed.
- Keep all medicine away from children and never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Do not use cosmetics or other skin care products on the treated skin areas.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Tell your doctor if you have problems with your digestive tract.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse, call your doctor.
- If you have severe diarrhea, ask your doctor before taking any medicine to stop the diarrhea.
- Make sure any doctor or dentist who treats you knows that you are using this medicine. You may need to stop using this medicine several days before having surgery or medical tests.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Diarrhea that may contain blood.
- Redness or peeling of treated skin areas.
- Worsened acne or symptoms of new skin infection.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Burning, itching, or dry skin.
- Oily skin.
- Stomach pain or discomfort.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor